The Beetlejuice Franchise has been around since the films release in 1988.
Note: This page is meant for people new to the Beetlejuice Franchise.
The film was released on March 30, 1988. A Tim Burton directed film, it features the music of Danny Elfman. The film as well featured the acting talents of Michael Keaton (Betelgeuse), Alec Baldwin (Adam Maitland), Geena Davis (Barbara Maitland), Winona Ryder (Lydia Deetz), Jeffrey Jones (Charles Deetz), Catherine O'Hara (Delia Deetz), and Glenn Shadix (Otho Fenlock).
The film was a notable introduction to the macabre films made by Tim Burton. The Betelgeuse character himself becoming one of the iconic monsters of the 80's. The Lydia character is often argued to be one of the influences on mainstream "Hot-Topic" goth of the 90's.
Starting to airing on ABC Saturday Morning on September 9, 1989, and ran for three seasons. A fourth season also aired on Fox syndication during the same year as the third season on ABC. The show depicted a slightly less mean-spirited con, Beetlejuice
This section is for answering questions that may be common knowledge about Beetlejuice, but may be unknown by beginners.
- Beetlejuice or Betelgeuse?
- The film overall spells the characters name "Betelgeuse" including in the ending credits and most noticeably during the model set graveyard scene. The animated series has his name the same as the title "Beetlejuice". This also was the case at Universal Studios. More notes were made on the name here.
- What about the Beetlejuice Sequel Film?
- Over the years many ideas have been floated around, including "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian". However, none of them seem to ever get off the ground. Most scripts seem to only continue the Betelgeuse and Lydia characters, omitting the Maitland couple. The last known attempt was canceled April of 2019.
- Is Betelgeuse married to Lydia?
- The animated series doesn't suggest that, as they are more of pals. But the film leaves that open, as it is not 100% confirmed if him leaving the wedding at the end counts or not.
- How did Betelgeuse die?
- It was never said how he died in the film, through he was Juno's ex-assistant which means serving as civil servant, all civil servants died by a form of suicide to get such a job.